Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Skills to Acquire

I would like to learn how to conduct myself in a lab. Having taken high school science classes before, I clearly know the basic safety protocol. However, I have not worked in a research lab and I hope to learn the appropriate measures to use. Not only that, but I would like to learn how to behave in a professional setting. It will help me acquire a taste for the working environment that will benefit me in the future. I hope to learn how to give scientific research presentations to a group of people. This skill is vital if I decide to into research or science in the future, which are both things I am interested in. I will work to be able to take these skills away from this internship.
 A personal skill I would like to improve is managing time. I would also like to improve my memory, that way I can remember to schedule my obligations and keep track of everything. Since I have a lot on my plate senior year, I want to be able to contribute the most I can to everything I do without spreading myself thin. In order to do this, I have to be able to allot time to everything through scheduling. This life skill will enable me to become a more organized, productive person.

No comments:

Post a Comment